Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Home Again

Okay so if you follow Shelby's blog (Princess Breahna) you know we had quite the adventure in Guatemala for 5 days. I know she has just started to tell the story and I am too tired from living it to repeat it so check out her blog for details.

Anyway, I initially wanted to go to Guatemala to get a quilt for Isabella and one for Gabrielle and do a little sightseeing that I didnt get a chance to do at pick up.

Here are the quilts, purple is Isa and green Gaby















The weavers of Santo Antonio- a small town just outside Antigua,Guatemala known primarily for their weaving, was part of the tour we took out of the Marriott in Guat. city



















one of many cathedrals in Antigua, Guatemala. For those of you who dont know Guatemala is primarily a Catholic country and I think Shelby and I counted 23 churches in Antigua alone.














active volcano in Antigua, I believe it is the water volcano, not positive, there are 3 that you can see from Antigua














another cathedral, this one was destroyed by earth quakes, here's a history lesson, apparently Antigua has been leveled by 12 earth quakes in its history














another volcano














sorry this is out of order this is another picture of the active volcano














For those of you who were in Guatemala at Easter, over Semana santa (holy week), I know Autumn you were there and so was I. These are made entirely of colored sawdust, they are amazing. The sawdust pictures line the streets of Antigua during holy week for the procesiones. Its a lot of work done by hand with cut outs. For some reason there was one being made at the Marriott this week. There were a lot of foreign dignitaries in Guatemala, meeting about a location for the next Olympics so I think that is why it was there now.

































This one is for you Gina and Scott, there is a Harley dealership in Guatemala City



















dont the girls look happy to have me home. I'll post more later in the week of the girls in their Guatewear


























4 comments:

Laurie said...

AMAZING pictures! I am glad you all had a great trip and are home safe. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story from Shelby!

Tiffany said...

Great pics...they sure bring back memories!

Alleen said...

Great pics.. Ah yes, awesome memories. I hope to go back someday before too much time passes.

Corey said...

Missed you this week!!! Glad you are home and you had a great time